It is the belief of Empowered Broadcasting that we are called to provide equal employment opportunity to any qualified individual without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that God blesses each of us with different gifts and abilities that we are to cherish and use to His glory no matter what our race, sex, or age. Therefore, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, and training a diverse and inclusive mix of employees to enhance the overall quality of Empowered Broadcasting. Empowered Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer where women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer and would like to receive job vacancy notices from Empowered Broadcasting, please send us the name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and contact person in which to send the openings to. All requests should be directed to:
Empowered Broadcasting Corp.
New Bern, NC 28560
ph: (252) 635-0927
Procedure for hirings at Empowered Broadcasting
1) Empowered Broadcasting will run 10 ads per day on the first and 15th of each month asking for organizations who might help us to find a diverse pool of applicants for every position. These organizations will be notified of all future openings at Empowered Broadcasting. The list of these organizations will be in the public file and on the station website’s.
2) Empowered Broadcasting will post all openings internally along with notification to a list of organizations compiled by Empowered Broadcasting and Broadcast Compliance Services. A specific list of organizations contacted for each opening can be obtained by contacting the business offices of Empowered Broadcasting during regular business hours at (616) 931-9930.
3) Empowered Broadcasting will also look to conduct Supplemental Recruitment Activities such as:
* Job Fairs
* Scholarship Programs
* Career Days and Workshops
* Internship and Mentoring Programs
* Station Tours
* MAB programs
* Regular EEO training for staff
* On-going training for staff to advance employment
Public Files and the web sites will be updated annually (June 1) with the following:
* Ad copy of monthly commercials with schedule
* Organization Listing for Notification
* New Job Vacancy Part A & B
* Any other Supplemental Recruitment Activities
* Annual EEO Public File Report Form
* FCC Form 396 – Broadcast EEO Program Report
* FCC Form 397- Broadcast Mid-Term Report
4) The FCC directs religious broadcasters to make “reasonable, good faith efforts to recruit applicants without regard to race, color, national origin or gender among those who are qualified based on their religious beliefs or affiliation.”
5) All paperwork will be completed in a timely and accurate manner. Above all else, Empowered Broadcasting will be honest with all reports!
Annual EEO Public File Report
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station: WBNK – New Bern, NC and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their website’s, if they have website’s.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning June 1, 2011 to and including May 31, 2012. (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number; The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period; Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.
Appendix 1 to Annual EEO Public File Report Form
Covering the Period from June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2013
To view this report, please download the following EEO Public File Report PDF. Thank you.